[Lcdproc] Changes to get EA-DOGM163 + four keys working with hd44780-lcd2usb driver

  • From: malte at maltepoeggel.de (Malte Pöggel)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Changes to get EA-DOGM163 + four keys working with hd44780-lcd2usb driver
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:12:15 +0100

>> If you aren't shure which backlight would look nice you could also use
>> the
>> DOGM simulator found at the product page.
>
>I am pretty much 100% UNIX these days (Linux, Solaris, MacOS), so a
>simulator for Windows is uninteresting to me.

Runs fine at fedora core 10, gnome with the wine emulator :-P

> My concern is just not breaking the original board with the DIP
> designs because of a change to the firmware from what Till Harbaum
> released.

The ports for the keys are also changed. Driver is completely compatible if
you use the 2x16 DOG.
3x16 -> enable extended mode and set lineaddress = 0x10.

I got my blue/white ea-dog yesterday :o)

Added everything to my website, i'll also translate it to english later.
Sourcecode and layouts could be downloaded on the second page there.
http://www.maltepoeggel.de/index.php?site=sp-lcd

Also had a look at the charactersets; nothing available that fits the used
controller. So we have to create a new one...

Malte