[Lcdproc] Changes to get EA-DOGM163 + four keys working withhd44780-lcd2usb driver

  • From: ethan.dicks at gmail.com (Ethan Dicks)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Changes to get EA-DOGM163 + four keys working withhd44780-lcd2usb driver
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 14:13:07 -0500

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 1:49 PM, Markus Dolze <bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de>
wrote:
> Mr. Harbaum....

Dr. Harbaum, I believe.

> ... recently anounced "Complete and assembled LCD2USB compatible
> devices are available from http://www.lcdmodkit.com
> <http://www.lcdmodkit.com/lcd.html>." See his page for more info.

Very nice. Quite affordable (though I just got a bare module since I
already had a pair of 40x4s and didn't mind soldering up my own
stuff).

> I just want to mention that the original lcd2usb has software adjustable
> contrast as well. I have no problem with the difference as long as the
> protocol implemented in hd44780-lcd2usb does not need to be changed and the
> firmware can cope with the hd44780 initialization sequence sent to it.

Now that you mention it, yes. I do recall software adjustable contrast.

My concern is just not breaking the original board with the DIP
designs because of a change to the firmware from what Till Harbaum
released.

-ethan