[Lcdproc] Changes to get EA-DOGM163 + four keys working withhd44780-lcd2usb driver

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Changes to get EA-DOGM163 + four keys working withhd44780-lcd2usb driver
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 19:49:19 +0100

Ethan Dicks wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 9:15 AM, Malte P?ggel <malte at maltepoeggel.de>
> wrote:
>
>> I changed the mega8 to a mega48 because i wanted to run everything at 3.3
>> Volts, and the firmware was changed, too.
>>

> Ah. So not _really_ a lcd2usb, but a descendant of it.

Mr. Harbaum recently anounced "Complete and assembled LCD2USB compatible
devices are available from http://www.lcdmodkit.com
<http://www.lcdmodkit.com/lcd.html>." See his page for more info.

>> The init is a little bit different to the hd44780, and the EA-DOG has a
>> digital contrast setting.
>>

> OK. Between keypad differences and the digital contrast, perhaps
> it's a good idea to differentiate between your interface and the
> original lcd2usb at the LCDd/LCDd.conf level? I have one of the older
> units and I'd rather it not break because a newer nearly-compatible
> interface comes out.

I just want to mention that the original lcd2usb has software adjustable
contrast as well. I have no problem with the difference as long as the
protocol implemented in hd44780-lcd2usb does not need to be changed and
the firmware can cope with the hd44780 initialization sequence sent to it.

Regards
Markus