[Lcdproc] Changes to get EA-DOGM163 + four keys working withhd44780-lcd2usb driver

  • From: ethan.dicks at gmail.com (Ethan Dicks)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Changes to get EA-DOGM163 + four keys working withhd44780-lcd2usb driver
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 13:39:30 -0500

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 9:15 AM, Malte P?ggel <malte at maltepoeggel.de>
wrote:
> I changed the mega8 to a mega48 because i wanted to run everything at 3.3
> Volts, and the firmware was changed, too.

Ah. So not _really_ a lcd2usb, but a descendant of it.

> The init is a little bit different to the hd44780, and the EA-DOG has a
> digital contrast setting.

OK. Between keypad differences and the digital contrast, perhaps
it's a good idea to differentiate between your interface and the
original lcd2usb at the LCDd/LCDd.conf level? I have one of the older
units and I'd rather it not break because a newer nearly-compatible
interface comes out.

> You could take a look at my schematics:
> http://www.maltepoeggel.de/data/sp-lcd/schematic.pdf
> I'll upload the atmel sourcecode and a more detailed description within this
> week.

Cool. What's there looks pretty simple.

>> I did a little digging around and couldn't find info on the LED
>> backlights...
> http://www.lcd-module.com/eng/pdf/doma/dog-me.pdf (Page 6 and Page 8)

Thanks.

> If you aren't shure which backlight would look nice you could also use the
> DOGM simulator found at the product page.

I am pretty much 100% UNIX these days (Linux, Solaris, MacOS), so a
simulator for Windows is uninteresting to me.

> I don't have more information, but it looks like there are four leds into
> the backlight panel. I could also send you high resolution pictures.

Sure. Feel free to send me a couple of pictures off-list.

Thanks,

-ethan