[Lcdproc] newbie question

  • From: joehenley at kc.rr.com (Joe Henley)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] newbie question
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 11:13:10 -0600

Hi,

I'm a newbie here, so please forgive any un-intended "politically
incorrect" items. Also, I'm not a C programmer, so I'm pretty much
dependent upon what I can find at sites like this.

Is lcdproc still under development? The last version is from 2007. I
see lots and lots of patches; and I see comments about folks not getting
things to run when patches overlap. I see alot of notes about getting
patches incorporated, but it seems none do. I've looked repeatedly at
the sourceforge site for updates to the code, but patches I see here
don't seem to show up there.

I bought a picolcd to use with MythTV and have given up on getting
support from mini-box. I hoped to get some here, so I've lurked abit to
see what's happening. But I must be missing something, because I see
alot of folks submitting patches, raising questions and suggesting
fixes, but nothing seems to be done to the code.

What am I missing? Is there some other place to look (other than here
and the sourceforge site)?

Thanks for any help/suggestions/guidance/etc.

Joe Henley

PS: Yes, I know I have not indicated my picolcd problems. But they are
all previously listed here by others, and are still open as far as I
can tell.