[Lcdproc] Changes to get EA-DOGM163 + four keys working with hd44780-lcd2usb driver

  • From: ethan.dicks at gmail.com (Ethan Dicks)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Changes to get EA-DOGM163 + four keys working with hd44780-lcd2usb driver
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 15:55:08 -0500

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Markus Dolze <bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de>
wrote:
>> Some of the prototypes: http://www.maltepoeggel.de/cache/sp-lcd2.jpg
>
> This device looks cool.

Indeed. Very cool. It looks like the lines are offset from each
other by a pixel or so, or is that just the camera angle? How do you
pick different colors, from the factory, or do you have access to the
backlight LEDs to install your own?

If those are prototypes, I'd be interested in securing a 3-line
display later. I write line-number support into all of my clients,
but have never seen a 3-line display before. That could be fun to
play with for a METAR client or my xmms client. Obviously one can
pretend a 4x20 is 3x16, but it's good to see in the natural
proportions.

I look forward to hearing that this module is out of prototype. It
would make a good desk-side display in the right case.

-ethan