[Lcdproc] Changes to get EA-DOGM163 + four keys working with hd44780-lcd2usb driver

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Changes to get EA-DOGM163 + four keys working with hd44780-lcd2usb driver
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 20:39:47 +0100

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 13:11:07 +0100
> Von: "Malte P?ggel" <malte at maltepoeggel.de>
> An: "Markus Dolze" <bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de>, lcdproc at
> lists.omnipotent.net
> Betreff: Re: [Lcdproc] Changes to get EA-DOGM163 + four keys working with
> hd44780-lcd2usb driver

This device looks cool.

> Is there any way to get a hexadecimal value from the config? Currently the
> "config_get_int" function is used and i added a "LineAddress=16" to the
> config.

config_get_int() uses strtol() internally. So any numbers supported by
strtol() will work, so "0x10" will work.

> > Did you had a look at the character table? I have not checked if it
> > matches an existing one, but as it supports umlauts as well as japanese
> > characters.
>
> To check out that, i have added a screen / widget with umlauts using
> telnet
> at fedora linux. I dont know why but the string on the display seems to be
> encoded, as there are two characters shown on each umlaut i entered.
> (??????)
> Here's a pic: http://www.maltepoeggel.de/cache/umlaut.jpg

This may be because of the telnet or system charset. To check the available
characters you may configure lcdproc with --enable-testmenus. In the server
menu you then have the option to test how your display displays the available
"extended" characters (ascii 160 - 255).

Regards
Markus