[Lcdproc] Matrix Orbital display registry

  • From: ethan.dicks at gmail.com (Ethan Dicks)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Matrix Orbital display registry
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:05:44 -0600

Hi, All,

As mentioned in my previous message, I think it would be a good idea
for those of us on the list with Matrix Orbital displays to post what
we have so we can coordinate testing.

I have the following displays...

VKD204 20x4 VFD w/5x5 keypad, 3 GPOs, serial interface (but also has
optional TTL and I2C). It's an older device, about 10 years old at
this point but has been incredibly reliable. The only problem I've
had is that it's so old that the glue for the rubber mounting pads on
the VFD glass gave way a while back, but a drop of superglue fixed
that (and I later found the *exact* VFD on eBay for $20, so I have a
spare). There is no online manual for this module, but fortunately I
still have the original printed manual.

LK204-7T-1U-BK-USB-TCI 20x4 LCD w/built-in keypad, 9 GPOs (6 for
onboard LEDs, 3 external), Dallas 1-Wire bus, multi-color backlight,
USB interface (but also available in serial, I2C and TTL). Its core
functions work fine with the present CVS head, but it has
vendor-supplied features that LCDproc doesn't take advantage of (yet).

GLK19264 LCD w/built-in keypad, USB interface, but graphical, not
textual, so outside the scope of MtxOrb.c development/testing.

So if you also have a Matrix Orbital display, tell us about it. I
don't mind taking the initiative of coordinating notification of new
versions of MtxOrb.c to test, but I'd like to know what scope the
testing will entail.

-ethan