[Lcdproc] Zalman HD135 and CVS Current LCDproc mplay connection

  • From: multiroom at sympatico.ca (David Scott)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Zalman HD135 and CVS Current LCDproc mplay connection
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:42:06 -0500

Hello Markus,

Yes! that is exactly what I am talking about, I first compiled using the
CVS-current version as that is the only version that setting connection type
to mplay will work with. and as I stated it would work ok for a little while
then I could no loner view live tv or recorded shows with myth as my remote
would stop responding in either of those two scenario's. So heading into the
src directory and running sudo make uninstall and then rebooting all was
back to normal without LCDd running.

So I googled and found the patch you are referring to and could not find
the actual .patch file so I contacted the author and got a copy of it. Then
I proceeded to download the current 0.5.2 lcdproc version and applied the
mplay-final.patch as supplied by the author WITH the fan controller changes
to the LCDd.conf, then configured LCDd.conf for the mplay device. rebooted
and everything is working perfectly. Mythbuntu works perfectly all lines are
displayed properly with myth's lcdserver, the clock, date and time are
perfect and I can watch livetv and recorded shows with LCDd running.

Regards,

Dave