[Lcdproc] Zalman HD135 and CVS Current LCDproc mplay connection

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Zalman HD135 and CVS Current LCDproc mplay connection
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 17:14:49 +0100

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 08:07:17 -0500
> Von: "David Scott" <multiroom at sympatico.ca>
> An: lcdproc at lists.omnipotent.net
> Betreff: [Lcdproc] Zalman HD135 and CVS Current LCDproc mplay connection

> Hello All,
>
> I then proceeded to remove that version of lcdproc and try the 0.5.2
> version as well as the stable nightly all using the lis2 connections type
> with all the same results as above. I then hunted for some answers and I
> found the patch for the driver created in 2007 that was never included in
> the stable or unstable versions of LCDd or the CVS versions. I proceeded
> get the patch, dwnld 0.5.2 configured again with driver=44780 patched
> with -p0 < mplay-final.patch. reconfigured my LCDd.conf file with the fan
> controller portion now and rebooted the system and VOILA all is now
> PERFECT,
> with mythtv and xbmc. The display works properly and the clock, date,
> mythmenu, recorded show details etc are all working, and I can watch live
> and recorded tv perfectly.

Hi,

do you mean this
http://lists.omnipotent.net/pipermail/lcdproc/2007-October/011966.html patch?
I wasn't able to find any other.

The patch got never commited in the form it was sent in, because the fan
controlling part was split of.

AFAIK the mplay part was incorporated into the lis2 driver. So the lis2
driver actually knows about the lis2 and the mplay device and their
differences (e.g. the serial speed). If the original patch does work for the
mplay device but the current driver not, we need to have a look at the lis2
driver.

Regards,
Markus