[Lcdproc] Antec Fusion Black ffdc LCD device

  • From: multiroom at sympatico.ca (David Scott)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Antec Fusion Black ffdc LCD device
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:04:57 -0500

Hey all,

I have a couple questions about the LCD's backlight in this chassis.
LCDproc-0.5.2 works perfectly with the latest patches only for the
backlight. Now I notice in the LCDd.conf file the driver section for
[imonlcd] list exit=2 which is I assume why the Backlight shuts off when
shutting down temporarily (this does not happen in suspend) So I guess the
way I see this is lcdproc is removing power to the LCD while shutting down
and controlling it but as soon as lcdproc is closed Antec takes over and
resumes sending power to the lcd's backlight. Then there is the option under
the driver section to set the Backlight to 0 or 1 (on or Off) but this
completely turns off the backlight which is really not a good choice. I have
not played with any variation of the master backlight setting and the
drivers setting and that may help in some way as well, I currently have the
master set to open for XBMC to dim it.

So is there some way that the exit=2 could hold the lcd until lcdproc send
the wakeup 8 command to the lcd on reboot, I am not sure how this would
happen outside of lcdproc running but someone more qualified then I may be
able to answer the question.

Thanks,

Dave