[Lcdproc] does lcdproc support pic16c54c?

  • From: electrofreak66 at yahoo.com (B. N.)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] does lcdproc support pic16c54c?
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 01:58:14 -0800 (PST)

I have a board I pulled out of a Imerge SoundServer M1000. The LCD has a
label that says its a "Densitron V" and google yeilds no results related to
the one I have. There is a board that it is attached to it that has a
PIC16C54C chip, I know lcdproc is supposed to support PIC16CC54 (without the
C). The board that has the PIC16C54C connects to power and to the serial
port. After running LCDd, nothing happens. After running lcdproc, a few
seconds later the backlight turns on but that is it. There are no characters
or anything being displayed. Any way to get lcdproc working with this? I am
using the lcdserializer driver. Also, the board that has the LCD mounted to
it also has 14 buttons on it too, if that makes a difference. Am I using the
wrong driver?

Thanks,
Brad