[Lcdproc] Changes to get EA-DOGM163 + four keys working with hd44780-lcd2usb driver

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Changes to get EA-DOGM163 + four keys working with hd44780-lcd2usb driver
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 21:16:26 +0100

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 15:41:55 +0100
> Von: "Malte P?ggel" <malte at maltepoeggel.de>
> An: lcdproc at lists.omnipotent.net
> Betreff: [Lcdproc] Changes to get EA-DOGM163 + four keys working with
> hd44780-lcd2usb driver

> Hi,
>
> i am currently developing a front panel LCD which is using a EA-DOGM163.
> This display has a Sitronix ST7036 Controller. Every next line in "3 line"
> mode starts 0x10 higher, if i enable the "extended mode" it would fix it a
> bit, but to 0x20... I have added a new parameter "LINEADDRESS" to change
> the
> default 0x20 value in extended mode:

Hi,

I had a quick look at the controller's datasheet today. I have already seen
those DOG modules in german stores. The controller is interesting because of
his 3-line mode. In 1-line mode DDRAM is addressed linear (like in lcdproc's
ext_mode). In 2-line mode the address of the second line starting at 0x40
(like in lcdproc's hd44780 standard mode).

Did you had a look at the character table? I have not checked if it matches
an existing one, but as it supports umlauts as well as japanese characters.

Regards,
Markus