[Lcdproc] lcdproc on OSX presents random block characters (all on)

  • From: moridin1138 at gmail.com (brian jackson)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] lcdproc on OSX presents random block characters (all on)
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 19:07:32 -0500

This is my first post after much searching and tinkering. I hope
someone can help!

I have an LCD2041 rev 1.3 that I have used flawlessly on Windows for a
long time. Unfortunately I have not been able to get it to work on OSX
with LCDproc . Initially it was because I was using /dev/tty.serial1
as the device, but now with it using /dev/cu.serial1 instead it
works... sort of.

I get random block characters or heartbeat characters when it's
running. They show up in random places, and generally make it
unusable. lcdproc issue perhaps?
When using 'screen /dev/cu.serial1 19200' everything shows up fine, as
in I can type as usual, clear the screen, etc.

Here's a Youtube video of the screen output:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33QbuKkItcY

Any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks,

-brian