[Lcdproc] Changes to get EA-DOGM163 + four keys working with hd44780-lcd2usb driver

  • From: ethan.dicks at gmail.com (Ethan Dicks)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Changes to get EA-DOGM163 + four keys working with hd44780-lcd2usb driver
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 15:37:29 -0500

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 9:41 AM, Malte P?ggel <malte at maltepoeggel.de>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i am currently developing a front panel LCD which is using a EA-DOGM163.
> This display has a Sitronix ST7036 Controller....
> Another confusing thing is that the keys aren't converted to scancodes in
> the hd44780-lcd2usb.c.
> I found out that this is for those who have only the 2 keys of the original
> design, to have a virtual third key by pressing both buttons.
> In my case i added two keys to two additional ports - and now the value has
> to be converted to a scancode.
> Maybe it would be nice to add a parameter there, too - for those who would
> use the 2 ("3") keys and for those who use a custom layout / AVR firmware
> and more buttons.

I have a lcd2usb that I use with a couple of difference 4x40 displays.
I also have rigged up a pair of diodes for a third switch so that I
have three unique buttons to press and get three different "codes" to
the driver. I didn't have to modify the lcd2usb at all (besides
running wires for external switches off the lcd2usb board).

I would prefer not to see scancode modifications since that will break
the existing hardware.

-ethan