[Lcdproc] HD44780 40x4 with Backlight and winamp wiring

  • From: sascha.zielinski at gmx.de (Sascha)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] HD44780 40x4 with Backlight and winamp wiring
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 18:23:01 +0100

Hi,

I bought a 40x4 LCD with LED Backlight, I connected the Display as shown
below:

Printer LCD
1 9 EN1
2 8 DB0
3 7 DB2
4 6 DB3
5 5 DB4
6 4 DB5
7 3 DB6
8 2 DB7
9 1 DB8
14 10 R/W
16 11 RS
12 Contrast
13 GND
14 +5V
17 15 EN2
18-25 GND

Additionally there are the pins 17+18 on the LCD, which are not in the
Datasheet. These pins are for the LED Backlight I think.
The Documentation describes to connect the Backlight pin through the BC327
Transistor to Pin 17 of the Printer Port. Should I then connect the EN2 to
GND?

I use Debian Unstable/Experimental. The Version 0.5.2 compiles fine and runs
now for about a day without a problem. I tried also the the version from cvs
server (checked out on 01.22.09 at 5.00 pm CET). If I start LCDd with my
LCDd.conf from stable version, the Lines 3+4 stays blank.

Hope you will understand my problem.
Sascha Zielinski