[Lcdproc] Define what is displayed after LCDd start

  • From: qxc at gmx.de (qxc at gmx.de)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Define what is displayed after LCDd start
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 12:31:19 +0100

> > on my system there is a relatively long time between the moment when
> > LCDd was started and the time, when the first client connects to
> > display something useful. During that time the informative but for
> > an end-user useles and ugly client/screen/heartbeat default
> > information are displayed.
> >
> > So my question is: is there a possibility to define a default text
> > that is displayed directly after LCDd is started to display
> > something more fancy like "Booting system..."?
>

> You are looking for the "Hello" configuration parameter in the
> "server" section of LCDd.conf. You may also be interested in the
> "GoodBye" parameter, for when your last client disconnects.

My config file does not contain such a section and does not uses it when I
add it. Is there a minimum version of lcdproc to support that? I'm using
version 0.5.2 here.

Kind regards

Michael

--
Sensationsangebot verl?ngert: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
f?r nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K1308T4569a