[Lcdproc] LCDProc CVS + PicoLCD on FreeBSD

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] LCDProc CVS + PicoLCD on FreeBSD
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 22:20:19 +0100

Andre Guibert de Bruet wrote:

> Unfortunately the PicoLCD 2X20 and 4X20 devices present themselves as
> HID devices. I filed PR usb/128803 and attached a patch which quirks the
> device, so that it doesn't get attached to by the HID driver (Thus
> making it available to libusb). It can be found at
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=128803 . It would be awesome
> if this would get committed on CURRENT and possibly MFC'ed... :)
>
> Cheers,
> Andy

We discovered this problem nearly 1.5 years ago, but didn't submit the
HID patch then. I am glad that you did it now.

At that time I rewrote the libusb detection and fixed the non-portable
code. I was thinking that the detection routine would report a device
was found and then fails to actually open the device. But from Ernie's
report it does not seem to like that.

Regards
Markus