[Lcdproc] LCDProc CVS + PicoLCD on FreeBSD

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] LCDProc CVS + PicoLCD on FreeBSD
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 08:58:58 +0100

A short follow-up to myself:

The "device not configured" messages in truss you see arise from libusb
scanning the busses for usb devices. You will see a lot of them.

If you save the truss output to a file and send it to me, it might be
helpful.

Markus Dolze wrote:
> Ernie Cline wrote:
>> Hello all,
>> I recently purchased one of these little guys for eventual use on my
>> alix/pfsense based firewall:
>> http://www.mini-box.com/PicoLCD-4X20-Sideshow
>>
>> I cannot seem to get it to work! I have tried the mini-box provided
>> version of LCDProc, version .5.2 and the latest CVS version, all seem
>> to give the same output:
>>

> Hello,
>
> I am sorry, but the picolcd driver is currently not supported under
> FreeBSD. So without any additional programming there is no way to get
> it to work with FreeBSD. In the FreeBSD's port it is therefore
> disabled and not built by default.
>
> On your system the driver loads and tries to identify the device. What
> packages have you installed to get the dependencies satisfied?
You can ignore the above. The dependency problem was valid for 0.5.2
(the version the port is based on). The cvs version does not need
additional packages beside libusb. It will be build by default in the
next version of lcdproc as well (I just checked this).