[Lcdproc] LCDProc CVS + PicoLCD on FreeBSD

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] LCDProc CVS + PicoLCD on FreeBSD
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 08:12:25 +0100

Ernie Cline wrote:
> Hello all,
> I recently purchased one of these little guys for eventual use on my
> alix/pfsense based firewall: http://www.mini-box.com/PicoLCD-4X20-Sideshow
>
> I cannot seem to get it to work! I have tried the mini-box provided
> version of LCDProc, version .5.2 and the latest CVS version, all seem
> to give the same output:

Hello,

I am sorry, but the picolcd driver is currently not supported under
FreeBSD. So without any additional programming there is no way to get it
to work with FreeBSD. In the FreeBSD's port it is therefore disabled and
not built by default.

On your system the driver loads and tries to identify the device. What
packages have you installed to get the dependicies satisfied?

Please send me the "config.log" output from a configure run.

Additionally, please post the output of: usbdevs -v -d

Regards
Markus