[Lcdproc] HD44780: problems with 8 bit characters

  • From: qxc at gmx.de (qxc at gmx.de)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] HD44780: problems with 8 bit characters
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 08:13:47 +0100

Hi,

I'm using a HD44780 display with the driver in "winamp" mode. That works well
for all ASCII-characters smaller or equal than 0x7F. But when I try to
display a character that is located in range 0x80..0xFF or when I try to
display an icon something goes completely wrong:

Instead of the correct character two different ones are displayed, mainly
starting with a "A". So all special characters the HD44780 supports and all
custom icons can't be displayed.

What could be the reason for this?

Kind regards

Michael

--
Sensationsangebot verl?ngert: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
f?r nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K1308T4569a