[Lcdproc] What's the state of the picolcd driver?

  • From: ethan.dicks at gmail.com (Ethan Dicks)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] What's the state of the picolcd driver?
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 22:36:22 -0500

Hi, All,

I've been catching up on development stuff and have the 20x4
"sideshow" picoLCD working with the "driver" tarball from
<http://www.picolcd.com/drivers/> on my SUSE laptop. I checked the
latest LCDproc nightly tarball and _that_ picoLCD driver (i.e., the
one from the CVS tree) is the older picolcd.c that only supports the
"mini-box" 20x2 display.

I have fixed the 19-vs-20-char issue in picolcd.c from picolcd.com as
I described a few weeks ago on the list. I'd love to submit a patch,
but I don't know what to submit against. Has someone already
submitted the "new" picoLCD driver that supports both displays? Are
we just waiting for the submission queue to catch up? I'm happy to
continue to test and submit patches, but I think the base driver needs
to catch up first.

In the meantime, I'll probably submit another debugging/diagnostic
client or two, the ones I've written to help me find bugs in my own
work - one for bargraphs, one for bignums.

Thanks,

-ethan