[Lcdproc] How to handle separate icon area on LCD/VFD glass: iMon-LCD

  • From: christian.leuschen at gmx.de (Christian Leuschen)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] How to handle separate icon area on LCD/VFD glass: iMon-LCD
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 15:28:02 +0100

Hello everybody,

I wrote some code of the driver for the iMon-LCD
(http://www.soundgraph.com/Eng_/Products/oem3.aspx?topMenu=2&subMenu=1&leftMenu=43),

based upon the work of Dean Harding
(http://codeka.com/blogs/index.php/c29/c30/?blog=5).
Especially the part of the "output"-command was a pain. 32 bit are not
enough to manage all icons independently. So I had to build groups and
assign values to them. This way, e.g. in the lower row of formats (MPG,
DIVX, ..., WMA, WAV), there can be only one icon of a group of four
switched on.
However, a DVB channel may provide AC3 and MPG sound simultaneously. At
the moment it is not possible to show this information to the user.

As I also adjusted an output plugin (vdr-lcdproc) to use these special
icons, I know both worlds - the driver and the lcdproc-client view.
I fully support and appreciate the request for handling the special
icons in LCDd by corresponding function-calls. As can be seen in the
images of the display, there are plenty of icons and 2 (actually 4)
progressbars which can be used.

At the moment I do not have any time to think about the details of a
solution, but with this mail and the screenshots in the links I intend
to call everybody's attention to yet another display and to get an
impression of the versatility of the display - in the future there may
be even more complex displays.

Greets,
Christian

  • [Lcdproc] How to handle separate icon area on LCD/VFD glass: iMon-LCD, Christian Leuschen, 01/10/2009