[Lcdproc] Custom characters / LCDd protocol description

  • From: qxc at gmx.de (qxc at gmx.de)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Custom characters / LCDd protocol description
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 18:11:58 +0100

Hi,

I'm using the hd77840 driver, an own client and want to set some custom
characters (as far as I know that controller supports the possibility to
replace characters by ones with an own design).

Unfortunately I could not find a description of the LCDd protocol anywhere so
I don't know how to submit the related information.

So my questions are: is there a specification of the protocol available
somewhere? Or what is the procedure of sending own character designs to
lcdproc?

Kind regards

Michael

Btw: there is a Java implementation of a lcdproc client available that
continues the abadoned jLCD project. The online documentation is available at
http://www.realsimulation3d.com/doc/com/vwp/jLCD/package-summary.html , a new
version of the Java XTools that incorporate these classes will be available
soon.

--
Sensationsangebot verl?ngert: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
f?r nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K1308T4569a