[Lcdproc] iMon LCD device support

  • From: peter at adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] iMon LCD device support
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 19:47:31 +0100

Hi Jarod,

On Monday, 10. November 2008, Jarod Wilson wrote:

sorry for not getting back to you earlier.

> [...]
> Anyhow, the patch is what leads me here. I see Dean Harding posted a
> patch a while back for support of the original iMon LCD, and there's now
> a v3 of that patch. On top of that, there's a patch to that patch for
> the newer iMon LCD, which is also required for mine. Ron Frazier has
> most of the details covered[2], so I won't rehash them here.
>
> A quick search of the archives suggested the only things really needed
> to get the patch merged was some documentation, but Dean had some
> additional work he wanted to do... I guess my question is primarily for
> Dean: what really *has* to be done for this to be ready to be merged?
> Personally, I'd advocate merging it ASAP, rather than waiting until its
> perfect, so that it gets out to a wider audience of testers -- not
> everyone is comfortable patching and building from source, but many such
> people can provide useful feedback.

I guess you talk about:
http://codeka.com/blogs/index.php/c29/c30/?blog=5

I had a look at v3 at the patch.
It still does not contain documentation.

Since I do not have the hardware, I cannot tell whether the driver works.
For me, the important missing bit is the documentation.

> Note that I maintain Fedora's lirc bits and co-maintain its lcdproc
> package, and thus intend to patch in full support for this device for
> Fedora users, but would really like to see it all upstreamed ASAP.

You can help getting this driver included into LCDproc:
Write the documentation.
It should be fairly easy if you
- have the hardware
- are a maintainer in Fedora