[Lcdproc] Non-Latin characters in LCDd.conf

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Non-Latin characters in LCDd.conf
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 20:37:22 +0100

Dave Liquorice wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 15:44:17 +0100, hansfong at zonnet.nl wrote:
>

>> Now my question is: how do you know what characters are in the ROM and how
>> to address them?
>>

> Normal place to look would be the displays data sheet from the
> manufacturer.
> Failing that, write a client that just sends each character code to the
> display, prehaps prefixed with that code. Be warned that unexpected things
> the
> <esc> character as that may put the display into command mode rather than
> display. Forgive me if we are talking a purely graphical display rather
> than
> one with a "text" mode, I've only half been following the thread.

Such a thing is already part of LCDd. If LCDd is compiled with option
LCDPROC_TESTMENUS (use "./configure --enable-testmenus") a menu item
called "charset" appears in the menu, which displays all characters in
the range from 0xA0 - 0xFF. This shows which characters the display
supports.

Regards
Markus