[Lcdproc] Non-Latin characters in LCDd.conf

  • From: allsorts at howhill.com (Dave Liquorice)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Non-Latin characters in LCDd.conf
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 15:27:51 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 15:44:17 +0100, hansfong at zonnet.nl wrote:

> Now my question is: how do you know what characters are in the ROM and how
> to address them?

Normal place to look would be the displays data sheet from the manufacturer.
Failing that, write a client that just sends each character code to the
display, prehaps prefixed with that code. Be warned that unexpected things
<esc> character as that may put the display into command mode rather than
display. Forgive me if we are talking a purely graphical display rather than
one with a "text" mode, I've only half been following the thread.