[Lcdproc] Non-Latin characters in LCDd.conf

  • From: hansfong at zonnet.nl (hansfong at zonnet.nl)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Non-Latin characters in LCDd.conf
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 15:44:17 +0100

Citeren Ethan Dicks <ethan.dicks at gmail.com>:

> The overall problem with that is that LCDproc is firmly rooted in its
> roots as an HD44780-based abstraction tool, and those sorts of
> displays tend to have a small number (1-8) of user-definable
> characters, with the rest of the characters and glyphs in onboard ROM.

Thank you Ethan for this excellent explanation. Now my question is: how
do you know what characters are in the ROM and how to address them? I
have a picoLCD 20x4 and I can't find any info on how to set user
definable characters. It's not (yet) in the LCDproc documentation,
probably because the display is rather new.

Cheers,

Hans

P.S. The character I'd like to use is the degree sign: U+00B0 ? (c2 b0)