[Lcdproc] Non-Latin characters in LCDd.conf

  • From: aeriksson2 at fastmail.fm (aeriksson2 at fastmail.fm)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Non-Latin characters in LCDd.conf
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 06:20:12 +0100

kokolist at gmail.com said:
> Is there anything I am missing?
> I am not a code expert but if someone feels like giving me a hint, maybe I
> could take it one step further.

IIRC, the protocol LCDd exposes is ascii based and there is no provision for
indicating charset used from a client. I'd assume that the daemon interpreses
whatever you send (UTF8 I guess) as plain ascii, and asks the driver to
render
ascii glyphs.

Coming from Sweden, I'd like to have a solution for this too. It would be
cool
to be able to load fonts to the LCD just like you can for the regular console!

/Anders