[Lcdproc] How to remove the title bar?

  • From: peter at adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] How to remove the title bar?
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 19:09:57 +0100

Hi,

On Saturday, 22. November 2008, hansfong at zonnet.nl wrote:
> The trick was to change line 196:
> my $k = $i + 1; #this was changed from +2 to +1 in order to display on
> the first line of display.
>
> Thanks for the hint.
>
> I've got a nice modified script now which exactly suit my needs. My
> picoLCD 4x20 is up and running!!! Thanks everyone.

After your mail I had a closer look at tail.pl which led to a few changes
which I committed this afternoon:
- reverse the up/down scrolling logic to match scrolling used
in viewers and editors
- make sure we have enough text widgets even on larger displays
- expand tabs to the correct number of spaces instead of showing
some strange character (depending on the display)
- added a few comments.

Hans,
if you make your patch run-time configurable (= a command line
option) I think it can help the LCDproc distribution as well.

Regards
Peter

--
Peter Marschall