[Lcdproc] iMon LCD device support

  • From: jarod at wilsonet.com (Jarod Wilson)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] iMon LCD device support
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 12:14:24 -0500

Hi folks,

I'm new to the list, only just last week got an LCD device to play with.
What I got was the Antec Veris Multimedia Station Premiere[1], which is
a rebadged SoundGraph iMon UltraBay (with a different usb device ID).
I've done the necessary work to get it working rather nicely with lirc's
lirc_imon driver (changes committed to lirc cvs this past weekend), and
with a patched up lcdproc, its working quite nicely with MythTV.

Anyhow, the patch is what leads me here. I see Dean Harding posted a
patch a while back for support of the original iMon LCD, and there's now
a v3 of that patch. On top of that, there's a patch to that patch for
the newer iMon LCD, which is also required for mine. Ron Frazier has
most of the details covered[2], so I won't rehash them here.

A quick search of the archives suggested the only things really needed
to get the patch merged was some documentation, but Dean had some
additional work he wanted to do... I guess my question is primarily for
Dean: what really *has* to be done for this to be ready to be merged?
Personally, I'd advocate merging it ASAP, rather than waiting until its
perfect, so that it gets out to a wider audience of testers -- not
everyone is comfortable patching and building from source, but many such
people can provide useful feedback.

Note that I maintain Fedora's lirc bits and co-maintain its lcdproc
package, and thus intend to patch in full support for this device for
Fedora users, but would really like to see it all upstreamed ASAP.

[1] http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999193
[2]
http://mythtvblog.blogspot.com/2008/04/getting-imon-0038-lcd-working-with-lirc.html

--