[Lcdproc] picolcd build problems

  • From: peterhollas at hotmail.com (Peter Hollas)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] picolcd build problems
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:45:03 +0000

Hi,

I'm trying to compile the latest cvs version of lcdproc for picolcd 20x2 on
Mythbuntu 8.10 and have run into some problems. I had it working flawlessly
before on Ubuntu 8.04 but this time I get an error when LCDd tries to load
the picolcd driver.

root at myth:~/lcdproc# ./configure --enable-libusb --enable-drivers=picolcd

configure: checking how to get filesystem space usage...
checking for statvfs... yes
checking module extension... .so
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking for shl_load in -ldld... no
checking if libusb support has been enabled... yes
configure: WARNING: pkg-config not (fully) installed; drivers requiring
libusb may not be built
checking if libftdi support has been enabled... yes
configure: WARNING: pkg-config not (fully) installed; drivers requiring
libftdi may not be built
checking if ethlcd support has been enabled... yes
checking for doxygen... no
configure: checking which drivers to compile...
---------------------------------------
LCDd will be compiled with the drivers:
- picolcd
---------------------------------------
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating shared/Makefile
config.status: creating server/Makefile
config.status: creating server/commands/Makefile
config.status: creating server/drivers/Makefile
config.status: creating clients/Makefile
config.status: creating clients/lcdproc/Makefile
config.status: creating clients/lcdexec/Makefile
config.status: creating clients/lcdvc/Makefile
config.status: creating clients/examples/Makefile
config.status: creating clients/metar/Makefile
config.status: creating docs/Makefile
config.status: creating docs/Doxyfile
config.status: creating docs/lcdproc-dev/Makefile
config.status: creating docs/lcdproc-user/Makefile
config.status: creating docs/lcdproc-user/drivers/Makefile
config.status: creating scripts/Makefile
config.status: creating scripts/init-LCDd.LSB
config.status: creating scripts/init-lcdproc.LSB
config.status: creating scripts/init-lcdexec.LSB
config.status: creating scripts/init-lcdvc.LSB
config.status: creating scripts/init-LCDd.debian
config.status: creating scripts/init-lcdproc.debian
config.status: creating scripts/init-lcdexec.debian
config.status: creating scripts/init-lcdvc.debian
config.status: creating scripts/init-LCDd.rpm
config.status: creating scripts/init-lcdproc.rpm
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged
root at myth:~/lcdproc#

after doing a 'make' and 'make install', everything builds without errors,
but when I try to start LCDd I get the following in syslog.

Nov 10 12:59:39 myth LCDd: Could not open driver module
/usr/lib/lcdproc/picolcd.so: /usr/lib/lcdproc/picolcd.so: undefined symbol:
usb_release_interface
Nov 10 12:59:39 myth LCDd: Driver [picolcd] binding failed
Nov 10 12:59:39 myth LCDd: Could not load driver picolcd
Nov 10 12:59:39 myth LCDd: There is no output driver
Nov 10 12:59:39 myth LCDd: Critical error while initializing, abort.

I'm assuming it's a libusb problem, but as far as I am aware I have the
correct packages.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks!

Peter.

Win ?1000 John Lewis shopping sprees with BigSnapSearch.com
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/117442309/direct/01/