[Lcdproc] LCDProc + PicoLCD

  • From: trivex at gmail.com (Larry Gadea)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] LCDProc + PicoLCD
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 18:17:25 -0500

Hello.
I have a 20x4 PicoLCD. I've been trying to get it to work on ubuntu 32 bit
and am not having much luck.

I have built it using --enable-drivers=picolcd. I noticed that i needed
libusb so downloaded that from sourceforge and built it using: "./configure
&& make && make install". I then reran the lcdproc ./configure with
--enable-drivers=picolcd and the picolcd.so built properly.

When I try to run "./LCDd", i get the following:

----
LCDd version CVS-current-20080924 starting
Using Configuration File: /usr/local/etc/LCDd.conf
Listening for queries on 127.0.0.1:13666
picolcd: no device found
Driver [picolcd] init failed, return code < 0
Could not load driver picolcd
There is no output driver
Critical error while initializing, abort.
----

I'm sure the device is plugged into the USB port. Do i need to do anything
else when installing libusb? I'm not entirely sure what's wrong.

Thank you!

-- Larry.