[Lcdproc] HD44780 backlight control

  • From: twentysixdb at yahoo.com (Craig Fisher)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] HD44780 backlight control
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 17:54:07 -0800 (PST)

Hi All!

I am new to Linux and LCDProc. I have a HD44780 LCD up and running in the
"4-bit" config. The problem I have concerns how to control the backlight. I
have not found any refs in the docs or list archives.

I have tested my circuit using telnet as described in the developer docs and
the control appears to be implemented as negative logic, i.e.

screen_set #id -backlight on

clears LPT pin 7.

screen_set #id -backlight off

sets LPT pin 7.

My backlight works in this setting; however, where is the software control?
Server? Driver?
Thanks,
Craig