[Lcdproc] MiniBox PicoLCD USB Backlight (etc)

  • From: w_smith at compusmiths.com (William P.N. Smith)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] MiniBox PicoLCD USB Backlight (etc)
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 06:45:48 -0400

Fred Welland and Bob Wiegand discussed the (ahem) misfeatures of the
Mini-Box PicoLCD (USB Version). It almost looks like the drivers were
written for one of the other flavors of PicoLCD...

Hmm, mine also switches the backlight to "low" intensity, and goes out
after a while, and doesn't light up the keys, and has other misfeatures.

Strange that they didn't mention that in the advertisements. Maybe it
works better on Vista (sigh). I'll check the sacrificial Vista machine
for compatibility.

There was mention of an SDK, anyone seen anything like that?

[Since it's not currently useful, I could lend mine to the developers if
they'd like to play with real hardware...]

William Smith
ComputerSmiths Consulting, Inc.

  • [Lcdproc] MiniBox PicoLCD USB Backlight (etc), William P.N. Smith, 09/30/2008