[Lcdproc] picoLCD and back lighting???

  • From: fred.welland at gmail.com (Fred Welland)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] picoLCD and back lighting???
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 09:28:21 -0400

Hi,

A few days ago I got a picoLCD 4X20 sideshow (the usb one).

It works great for the most part.

One issue I have is that when I plug it in -- it has a nice bright &
contrasting display with a hardware welcome message. Once I load LCDd, it
gets DIM. I still have blue with white foreground lettering. But it seems
the backlight if turned off.

The 'Contrast' setting in the [picolcd] section does affect the 'color' of
the lettering (0 lettering gets darker, 1000 lettering is white)

There is a 'Backlight' setting in both [picolcd] and [server] but that
doesn't seem to have any affect.

Is there a way to get the backlight to turn back on?