[Lcdproc] PATCH: Enable picolcd to pass IR codes to LIRC via UDP (redone)

  • From: ethan.dicks at gmail.com (Ethan Dicks)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] PATCH: Enable picolcd to pass IR codes to LIRC via UDP (redone)
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 19:52:57 +0000

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 7:43 PM, Jack Cleaver <jack at jackpot.uk.net> wrote:
> Oh - cool! OK, I also can't see why the usb_set_configuration() call is
> needed; everything works fine if it isn't called. But I've never coded
> against USB before.

All of my usblib experience is with LCDproc (i.e., not all that much). Prior
to the picolcd, I've done a bit with the usb4lcd, and everything else is
either
serial or parallel attached (though I have constructed a few MCU-based serial
interfaces myself).

> I'll compare what you have shown with what I have working (tomorrow);
> perhaps we can come up with something we're both happy with, and submit it.

That sounds great. I'll write you off-line with my 24/7 e-mail address.

> Great. I only have one test environment, the picolcd is built-in (M300),
> and I don't know anyone else that's using this gear that I can ask to
> test my code.

Nicu sent me a picolcd a while back to help with driver work, so mine
is just standalone.

> Thanks for the feedback.

You bet.

-ethan