[Lcdproc] PATCH: Enable picolcd to pass IR codes to LIRC via UDP (redone)

  • From: peter at adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] PATCH: Enable picolcd to pass IR codes to LIRC via UDP (redone)
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 19:25:34 +0200

Hi Jack,

On Wednesday, 17. September 2008, Jack Cleaver wrote:
> OK, I've redone my patch to enable picolcd to send IR codes to LIRC.
>
> - The revised patch was made against this base:
> http://lcdproc.sourceforge.net/nightly/lcdproc-CVS-current.tar.gz
> - IR functionality can be enabled in the config, default is off.
> - Sync and gap lengths are now configurable.
> - Added sample stanzas to LCDd.conf.
> - Updated the docbook to describe the new config options, and to reflect
> my reservations about the sync and gap.
> - I've inspected the existing docbook notes for picolcd, and I'm not
> aware of any deficiencies in them.

I have committed your patch with a few changes and given the picolcd
driver a slight overhaul.

Changes compared yo your version:
- No config option "irenabled"
Sending to LIRC is triggered by setting LircHost to a nonempty value
- LircHost instead of LircAddress
This now should support host names as well !!!
- less variables in PrivateData
Some variables you had stored in PrivateData which were never
used after initialisation have been converted to local variables
in the respective functions.

It compiles cleanly.
Without having a picolcd I cannot test it more.
Please test it and report feedback.

One more question:
Is p->gap really necessary ?
Is it a variable that needs to keep its value across
multiple calls of ir_transcode() ?
If not it can be converted to a local variable in it_transcode.

Thanks for supporting lcdproc
Peter

--
Peter Marschall