[Lcdproc] [Fwd: Re: PATCH: Memory leak in PicoLCD driver]

  • From: peter at adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] [Fwd: Re: PATCH: Memory leak in PicoLCD driver]
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 17:55:00 +0200

Hi,

> After looking more closely I now understand your objection, and I hope
> this patch is better. There is no new variable this time, and the fix
> for the leak is simpler and cleaner. I made the diff against a fresh
> copy of the 0.5.2 code taken from sourceforge.

Looking at the patch I think I see where the problem is.
You diff'ed against 0.5.2 while I was always looking at
the current CVS as visible in the nightly tar balls
available at http://lcdproc.sourceforge.net/nightly/.

CVS already contains parts of your patch and closed the
leak using a different approach.
Looking through your mail I committed a safer check for
the length of keystr and committed it to CVS.

It will be in tonight's tar ball.

Regards
Peter

--