[Lcdproc] Heartbeat, Hello, Goodbye options

  • From: peter at adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Heartbeat, Hello, Goodbye options
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 18:54:56 +0200

Hi,

On Wednesday, 10. September 2008, Matthias Krepp wrote:

> Im trying to get lcdproc to run on my debian server.
> First of all I have used the 5.2 version, but as far as I figured out, I
> cant turn the "heartbeat" off. I saw on the earlier user-guides that this
> option can be used, so I tried the earlier versions as well (5.0).
>
> But the heartbeat option doesnt work there either, so Im confused right
> now, if I did something wrong or if its not possible. I have read a lot of
> comments about it, but none of them really gave me an answer to my
> question.
>
> I guess in version 4.x it works (I didnt get my tyan driver to work there
> yet), but I would like to use one of the latest versions. In user-guide 5.0
> the heartbeat option is shown, so it should work right ?
>
> Also the "Hello" and "GoodBye" options dont work. Its weird because the
> server is loading my LCDd.conf file without any errors and it works well
> with the other options, but not one of the options I mentioned.
>
> It would be nice if somebody could tell me in which version the mentioned
> options really work and which not.

"GoodBye" was part of the 0.5.2 release
"Hello" is part of the unreleased development version.

I tested a few minutes ago: both work on my system.

Plase grab one of the nightly snapshots to give the
development version a try.
(There's nothing to fear, it's mostly bug fixes and new drivers)

If it still does not work then please post more information about
your configuration to the list.

Regards
Peter

--