[Lcdproc] How can I driver EZIO-100/MTB134 in Lcdproc

  • From: peter at adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] How can I driver EZIO-100/MTB134 in Lcdproc
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 18:27:53 +0200

Hi,

On Wednesday, 10. September 2008, Ling Xiaoheng wrote:
> Hey,
> I'm using EZIO-100 for my lcd display,but I read document but
> can't find any useful information about EZIO-100/MTB134.Searched via
> Google and Maillist,I find:
> http://lists.omnipotent.net/pipermail/lcdproc/2007-May/011770.html
> http://lists.omnipotent.net/pipermail/lcdproc/2007-May/011779.html
> http://lists.omnipotent.net/pipermail/lcdproc/2004-January/008503.html
>
> but in the mail,they said:
> I have had a qucik glance at the code, which made me not integrate
> it into LCDproc CVS in its current state.
> Here's why:
> * the code is written for the driver API of LCDproc v0.4.x
> This version of LCDproc is un-maintained since a long tine.
> Please have a look at
> http://lcdproc.sourceforge.net/docs/current-dev.html#driver-api
> to learn about the cnew driver API.
> * It completely lacks documentation. Please see
> http://lcdproc.sourceforge.net/docs/current-dev.html#add-your-driver
> and especially
> http://lcdproc.sourceforge.net/docs/current-dev.html#documentation
> to find out what is required.
>
> Does LCDproc v0.5.2 support EZIO now?If not who can give me some idea?

No, LCDproc does not yet support EZIO now.
The issues that I had were not addressed in a followup patch.
IIRC the author went completely silent instead.

I think th patch was attached to the posting to the mailing list.
If you are interested in getting the support for EZIO into LCDproc,
you may update the patch so that it gets "include-able".

Regards
PEter

--
Peter Marschall