[Lcdproc] Heartbeat, Hello, Goodbye options

  • From: m.krepp at nynex.de (Matthias Krepp)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Heartbeat, Hello, Goodbye options
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 17:46:40 +0200

Hey there,

Im trying to get lcdproc to run on my debian server.
First of all I have used the 5.2 version, but as far as I figured out, I cant
turn the "heartbeat" off. I saw on the earlier user-guides that this option
can be used, so I tried the earlier versions as well (5.0).

But the heartbeat option doesnt work there either, so Im confused right now,
if I did something wrong or if its not possible. I have read a lot of comments
about it, but none of them really gave me an answer to my question.

I guess in version 4.x it works (I didnt get my tyan driver to work there
yet),
but I would like to use one of the latest versions. In user-guide 5.0 the
heartbeat
option is shown, so it should work right ?

Also the "Hello" and "GoodBye" options dont work. Its weird because the server
is loading my LCDd.conf file without any errors and it works well with the
other options,
but not one of the options I mentioned.

It would be nice if somebody could tell me in which version the mentioned
options really
work and which not.

Thanks in advance.

Matthias Krepp