[Lcdproc] PATCH: Enable picolcd to pass IR codes to LIRC via UDP

  • From: jack at jackpot.uk.net (Jack Cleaver)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] PATCH: Enable picolcd to pass IR codes to LIRC via UDP
  • Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 16:08:02 +0100

Hi,

I have coded a patch (attached) that enables picolcd to send IR codes to
LIRC.

PicoLCD IR packets don't include a sync pulse, and they don't include a
gap trailer; these have to be synthesized, and that requires divination
(guessing) of where a code begins and ends, and I presume my guesswork
is fallible.

The synthesized gap seems to be interfering with detection of repeat
codes, at least with some of my remotes; and that in turn seems to be
interfering with the correct operation of irrecord. So I'm not sure that
this patch is ready for prime-time, but I don't know how to go forward.
I'd welcome comments, if anyone cares to inspect my code (Nicu? Woody?).

Anyway, this is the only way I know to get picolcd remote codes into
LIRC. And given a lircd.conf that matches your remote, it seems to be
reliable (so far).

--
Jack.