[Lcdproc] OSX + MtxOrb Driver

  • From: kdogden at gmail.com (Kevin Ogden)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] OSX + MtxOrb Driver
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 22:58:09 -0400

AWESOME! OK, it's working now, I've attached a diff with all the
mangling of MtxOrb.c I've done along with my LCDd.conf.

It's now working flawlessly under OSX with my old Matrix Orbital
LK202-25 display with no extra 'V' characters or anything. Looking
at the manual, it said the backlight command was 254 66 0, which in
hex is FE 42 0. Along with the GPO patch and a slight addition
relating to DCD using '/dev/tty.serial1' on my generic P4 running OSX
it's working fine.

I think you said that O_NDELAY flag to the open call may not be
necessary if you use /dev/cu.serial1 though. I really don't want to
mess with it at the moment now that it's working though.

Thanks for all your help! I appreciate it, my cool little red LCD
display is now doing something useful!

--Kevin