[Lcdproc] OSX + MtxOrb Driver

  • From: kdogden at gmail.com (Kevin Ogden)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] OSX + MtxOrb Driver
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 22:46:13 -0400

On Sep 2, 2008, at 9:54 PM, Ethan Dicks wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Ethan Dicks <ethan.dicks at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> From looking at your LCDd.conf and your debug output and MtxOrb.c,
>> it appears to me that the next bit of driver code that executes
>> after your
>> last line of text is the open()...
>
> Kevin,
>
> Googling for "OS X serial open hang", I found this...
>
> <http://osdir.com/ml/hardware.avr.avrdude.devel/2006-03/
> msg00014.html>
>
> Try adding "O_NDELAY" to the open() call. I can imagine if the
> OSX serial driver is expecting "DCD" to be asserted (because it
> thinks you "must" have a modem on that port), things wouldn't
> go well.

Holy sh*t, good catch! It's actually almost working now.

Now I'm using the latest nightly. After adding O_NDELAY to the open
call it displays text on the LCD but there characters replaced by "V"
characters usually followed by a straight double vertical line
characters (in the server screen) or a "V" followed by an underscore
or a single vertical line..... sometimes with nothing after it....
it's kinda weird. This is what is was doing under FreeBSD as well.

Thanks man. It looks real close now.

--Kevin D. Ogden