[Lcdproc] OSX + MtxOrb Driver

  • From: ethan.dicks at gmail.com (Ethan Dicks)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] OSX + MtxOrb Driver
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 13:54:02 +1200

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Ethan Dicks <ethan.dicks at gmail.com> wrote:
> From looking at your LCDd.conf and your debug output and MtxOrb.c,
> it appears to me that the next bit of driver code that executes after your
> last line of text is the open()...

Kevin,

Googling for "OS X serial open hang", I found this...

<http://osdir.com/ml/hardware.avr.avrdude.devel/2006-03/msg00014.html>

Try adding "O_NDELAY" to the open() call. I can imagine if the
OSX serial driver is expecting "DCD" to be asserted (because it
thinks you "must" have a modem on that port), things wouldn't
go well.

-ethan