[Lcdproc] BIGNUMs and larger display sizes

  • From: herdler at gmx.de (Stefan Herdler)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] BIGNUMs and larger display sizes
  • Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 01:06:36 +0200

Hi Ethan,

Ethan Dicks wrote:

> I've been hoping that others would be reading this and express
> opinions, but so far, that hasn't happened. I may just post a
> fresh message with the title "proposal to change the protocol
> number" or some such to grab some attention, because the
> more I think about it, the more I prefer that path, especially
> since the 0.5.2 release has some real problems (specifically
> with Matrix Orbital displays), and it's been so long since that
> release came out that we _should_ be gearing up for another
> release soon, I'd hope.

Well, I think you have to wait until peter shows up again.
>> Btw.: A good way controlling the "special icons" on
>> some (imon, ...) VFDs is still missing.
>>

> True, but I don't have a display like that to fiddle with, so I'll
> have to leave that to others.

I too.

Client definable usercharacters would be nice eye-candy too. They would
work on many displays.
But I really don't know how to deal with them and embedded functions
like heartbeat.
>>> I was thinking about something like showing the channel-number as BIGNUM
>>> on
>>> the top and channel-name below.
>>>

> Channel-number? Oh... you must be thinking of a TV-oriented client.

I was actually thinking about the clients for MythTV or VDR.
But there are many other uses for such a feature...

Regards
Stefan

  • [Lcdproc] BIGNUMs and larger display sizes, Stefan Herdler, 09/02/2008