[Lcdproc] scandinavic characters with MtxOrb driver

  • From: ejohnson AT camalytics.com (Eric H. Johnson)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] scandinavic characters with MtxOrb driver
  • Date: Fri Jun 27 19:27:02 2008

Kane,

I certainly am no expert with lcdproc, but I was recently poking around =
in
the Matrix Orbital driver. It does not look to be a driver issue, rather =
it
has to do with how the character set in the MO is laid out. See page 13 =
of
the manual here:
http://www.matrixorbital.ca/manuals/LK_series/LK204-24-USB/LK204-24-USB_1=
00.
pdf

Windows character map for example has a value of 0xE4 for the character =
=E4,
while the MO manual shows it at 0xE1 (=E1 in Windows character map). Try
writing 0xE1 or =E1 and see what you get. I do not see why you are =
getting a
'Z' however. The MO driver as far as characters are concerned, seems to =
be a
straight pass through.

Note also, there are other Scandinavian characters which I do not see at =
all
in MO, such as =E5 (0xE5). These could be defined as the MO supports up =
to 8
custom characters.

Regards,
Eric

I have three mythtv frontends with three displays. One is imon (came =
with
Antec fusion) and two else are Matrix Orbital:=20
http://www.matrixorbital.com/product_info.php?pName=3Dmoual202cxr&cName=3D=
lcd-mo
u-character-lcds

Imon display works fine, and so do matrix orbital ones, except that =
matrix
displays does not show scandinavic characters.

For example, "=E4" displays "Z" in matrix orbital. Imon displays all
characters ok.

I have same minimyth distribution in all frontends, so I think, that it =
has
to be MtxOrb driver. Is there any way to correct this?