[Lcdproc] shuttleVFD and libusb on ubuntu hardy heron (8.04)

  • From: fred.vos AT uvt.nl (Fred Vos)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] shuttleVFD and libusb on ubuntu hardy heron (8.04)
  • Date: Fri Jun 27 18:30:02 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to compile and install lcdproc for kubuntu 8.04 to replace
the lcdproc provided by ubuntu packages. My Ubuntu release provides
lcdproc version 0.5.2 which doesn't support the VFD display of the
Shuttle SG33G5M.

I downloaded the current CVS version (20080627) and tried to do
a ./configure --enable-drivers=all --enable-libusb, make and make
install, but the ./configure complains it needs the libusb library and
the shuttleVFD driver is not compiled. I have installed the following
packages: libusb-0.1-4, libusb-dev, libusb++-0.1-4c2 and libusb++-dev.

$ sudo updatedb
$ locate libusb
/lib/libusb-0.1.so.4
/lib/libusb-0.1.so.4.4.4
/usr/bin/libusb-config
/usr/lib/libusb-0.1.so.4
/usr/lib/libusb.a
/usr/lib/libusb.la
/usr/lib/libusb.so
/usr/lib/libusbpp-0.1.so.4
/usr/lib/libusbpp-0.1.so.4.4.4
/usr/lib/libusbpp.a
/usr/lib/libusbpp.la
/usr/lib/libusbpp.so
[...]

Can anyone understand what's wrong or what I need to do to get lcdproc
compiled for my Shuttle?

I'm using a 64 bits version of Kubuntu.

Thanks,

Fred

  • [Lcdproc] shuttleVFD and libusb on ubuntu hardy heron (8.04), Fred Vos, 06/27/2008