[Lcdproc] Crystalfonz 633 631/635+SCAB fans & temperatues update

  • From: stewartputnam AT comcast.net (Stewart W. Putnam)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Crystalfonz 633 631/635+SCAB fans & temperatues update
  • Date: Sat May 31 20:32:02 2008

Hello,
I suspect I am going to receive a failure to delver email notice for
my previous (attempt to ) post to this list.
Here is the text of it, without attachment. The tarball is also
available at
http://www.crystalfontz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5847
The CF forums permit posting *.zip and not tar[gz|bz2]. If anyone
wants those formats please send me a mail.

I am cautious promoting my hobby project for thermal management. All the
repititons of :

MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the

wouldn't make me feel much better if I heard my software failed and
someone's PC overheated. I'm always finding bugs in my own work. I
think it is nice that fan management happens in the bios these days and
if one can prove that is what failed you can take the hardware back to
the vendor.

Replies from testers would make me less timid.

More than thinking I've polished something off today, my latest spurt of
creativity for this has run it's course.

This is updated to work with the recently released lm-sensors-3.0.2.
Works with 633 or 631/635 + SCAB.
Uses pthreads: should be march independent.
Can read hddtemp, lmsensors data & drive CF63[135] fans based on that.
Can create screens about hddtemp, lmsensors & various proc / top / ps
data beyond the normal lcdproc.
Can log all this in a *.csv file.
Includes htm format documentation.

Anyone using the CFontz633 or CFontzPacket driver could use this with an
existing LCDd.conf by renaming [CFontz633] or [CFontzPacket] to
[CF63oddtf] and hopefully see little or no difference: excepting this
being bigger and slower.

It will not change the boot state of the module, and without editing the
.conf it won't change fan speed.

Put a few lines in [CF63oddtf] to get a *.csv format logfile of fan and
temperature data.

Other features ( documented in an example conf and the
docs/lcdproc-user/drivers/CF63oddtf.docbook ) are all disabled by
#define /#ifdef in CF63oddtf.h

Cautiously,
Stewart Putnam.

  • [Lcdproc] Crystalfonz 633 631/635+SCAB fans & temperatues update, Stewart W. Putnam, 05/31/2008